Friday, February 20, 2009

My favourite MTB photos

Share
I'm pretty blessed to have had the opportunity to host some of the world's top mountain bike and adventure photographers on my trips - people like Patrice Halley, Stephen Wilde and Paul Morrisson.

Not only do they get the shots, but they're all great people: fun to be with, humble and with lots to offer those who are willing to listen. As an amateur photography buff, it's amazing to see these guys in action and the lengths to which they will go to get the shot. I've seen Patrice fall out of trees in BC, Stephen running at top speed in Croatia to keep up with the shot, and Paul hanging from bushes over cliffs in Peru. Their dedication to their craft is admirable.

I was looking through my collection of photos yesterday and reminiscing about the great memories behind all of the photos in my library. Each has a special connection to a time and place, memories that will live on for a long time. They remind me why I do what I do and what I love about mountain biking.

I'm posting my 3 favourite photos below. If you've got the itch for mountain biking and are stuck in midwinter deep-freeze, check out our Flickr account with many more beautiful images from around the world to inspire you.

Thanks to all you shutterbugs out there for so beautifully capturing the essence of our sport. If you have a favourite photo to share, send it to me via Twitter, e-mail, or post it to our Facebook group and I'll get it up on the blog soon.

Mike

Peru lead guide Wayo showing off his freeride form on top of the Olleros trail, with about 10,000 feet of vertical to go. I love this shot for all the white space on the frame, bringing attention right on the rider. ©Stephen Wilde

Guatemala guide Matt Hartell dropping in to the Santa Catarina trail above Lake Atitlan. This photo captures the essence of Guatemala riding beautifully: the spectacular scenery, and sharing trails with locals going about their daily business. ©Patrice Halley

pro riders Richie Schley and Robbie Bourdon riding a crazy section of discovered trail in Peru. Although the line was pretty technical, this shot makes the line look totally insane! ©Paul Morrison

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Guatemala picture! And your Flikr photos from Croatia are amazing! Now you've got me trying to squeeze another Sacred Rides trip into a busy year. =)

Unknown said...

The third picture of Peru is outstanding!

Anonymous said...

The Peru pictures are awesome. They make it look easy...