Saturday, February 7, 2009

getting it right...

Share
On our website, we have a 'Contact a Past Participant' feature, that allows you to send an e-mail to someone who has already done the trip you're interested in. It's a great way for our past clients (thank you!) to give people the inside, customer perspective on what our trips are like. It's also a great way for me to experience our trips as our clients see them

This is an e-mail that one of our past clients from Brazil sent to a fellow from the UK. It makes me extremely proud of our staff and the great job they do.

---

Hey Julian,

Before my trip I was also full of doubts, like I was preparing for a space flight.

After, I found out that it's WAY MORE COOL.

Even when comparing with my homeland, it is a completely different world, where the only link to our realities is our bikes.

The mountains are the best, taking rider and gear to the limit every day, with changing climate, terrain and altitude, but ALWAYS WITH THE GUIDES TELLING YOU OF EVERY RISK, IN EACH SECTION OF THE TRAILS.

We had full time support on wrenching, eating and also hanging out. Cusqueña is the beer to have! Food is awesome, the homeland of every potato and corn in the world. Great steaks (lomos) of beef, pork, lamb and alpaca.

I don't know about what bike you plan to take, but here is some tips.

The Lima part is full-on DH. The Cusco part is All-Mountain. I think that a DH or freeride bike with front mech is ideal. I went with an AM 6" bike, with DH tires and brakes, but felt a little restraint for my taste.

It is a good idea to improve strength and fitness before the trip, to be able to squeeze the juice out of it. We had some guys that didn't enjoy as much because of getting too tired.

I didn't have to take any altitude medicine. All I did was follow the guide's orientations.

Man, go for it.

Best regards

Ricardo

No comments: