Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feeling the love

Share
It's not often I get a personal letter from a government minister, so I was a little surprised to get some correspondence from the Canadian Minister of Tourism Diane Ablonczy this morning. "What the hell," I thought. "What does the government want now?"

I was surprised and touched to open a personal letter from Diane, congratulating me on our recent selection as one of the "Best Adventure Companies on Earth" by National Geographic Adventure (#1 mountain bike tour company, actually!)

You love me, you really love me.

Thanks, Diane. It's not often I see eye to eye with the government of Canada (especially the current one) but this was pretty touching, and I really appreciate it.

Here's what she wrote.

"Dear Mr. Brcic,

I recently learned that Sacred Rides Mountain Bike Holidays Ltd. has been named one of the world's top adventure travel companies by National Geographic Adventure magazine. I would like to extend my personal congratulations to you and your staff on receiving this coveted endorsement.

Your efforts toward sustainable practices and infusing the spirit of adventure into Canada's tourism offerings are exemplary. it is individuals like you who inspire the industry and serve as role models for others.

On behalf of the Government of Canada, please accept my warmest congratulations and best wishes for continued success in your future endeavours.

Sincerely,

Diane Ablonczy"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty cool! Congrats Mike!

Unknown said...

Mike that awesome. Congrats!

Marts said...

Congrats Mike! Keep up the good work!!