Friday, January 2, 2009

Things I've learned so far...

Share
As the new year gets off to a start, I want to share something that was passed on to me by a friend. It has nothing to do with mountain biking, and everything to do with life. It's a list of "Things I've Learned So Far" by an Austrian designer, and a great guide for the year ahead.

Things I've Learned So Far...

1. Time is ticking away

2. Having guts always pays off for me

3. Living fully in the moment is often elusive but immensely gratifying

4. People always respond to genuine kindness and truthfulness

5. Truly putting others before myself is challenging at times but in the end, always rewarding

6. Ruminating and worrying is a waste of valuable time

7. Expectations are stifling

8. Being open-minded will make me better at everything I do

9. Doing one thing very deeply and carefully positively impacts more things than I could possibly know

10. In the end, everyone just wants to love and be loved

11. Time is ticking away

---

What have you learned so far? I'd love to hear it - post a comment below.

Mike

You can subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail, or if you are receiving it via e-mail, you can visit the blog site to read other posts and leave comments.

3 comments:

Michael from Arizona said...

Thanks for sharing Mike.

I've learned it is wonderful to follow your heart and share it with the one you love. This is the sharing that has touched me deepest...

Anonymous said...

Stegfan Sagmeister is the designer, and they are all inspirational and great. There is a website started so people can write their own. http://thingsihavelearnedinmylife.com

Sacred Rides MTB Adventures said...

Thanks, Josh. I was hoping to find out who that was! I'm very familiar with his work, and happy that you passed that along.