Sunday, May 13, 2007

en route to Lima

Share
As I write this, I am in a waiting area at Miami International Airport, awaiting my connecting flight to Lima for the start of our Inca Adventure DH tour. I'm about to meet up with 5 clients, 2 local guides, 1 driver, and photographer Stephen Wilde, with whom I'm doing a daily blog for the website nsmb.com.

I'm also taking the first shipment of bicycles for Bikes Without Borders, our non-profit organization. Its mandate is to collect used bicycles and distribute them to communities, families and individuals in need. Our first shipment is modest - just 2 adult bikes and 2 kids' bikes - but it's a first step, and we have another 7 bikes waiting in Toronto, with offers from across the country already.

If you have a bike you want to donate, or wish to make a financial donation to Bikes Without Borders, please e-mail executive director Tanya Smith. We will also be launching our new website in the coming weeks at www.bikeswithoutborders.org - look for it soon!

Yours,

Mike Brcic, president

No comments: